Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Sunshine and Play
I was yuckin' and muckin' - oh, no, the muck is outside - about in the house. Yuckin' just because it's March. The sun - it's shining! I need to get outdoors where I can muck in the real muck. The heaps of snow are melting. The sun is so much sunnier than those silly lights.
Ahhh. Sprinnng.
Then who to my wondering eyes should appear but one jolly fellow - a retired doctor, no less - and eight - no, just one - tiny - no huge actually - reindeer. No, no, no, it's a dog. And he's with me. But the jolly old fellow - not really, old, I mean - has a shovel - not tiny, not huge - just kind of in between. He's walking down the street with it. Occasionally, he pauses, chips away at the slushy ice.
He feels need to comment, "A kid at play."
"Who can resist!", I say.

No comments:

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts