Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Kahlil Gibran ~ Exactly two weeks ago Bryan, a friend, was recommending I read the book, The Prophet, particularly the portion on parenting. He told me of how parents are the bow and children, the arrow. We can point them in the right direction but then they will go wherever the winds and their makeup will take them. I knew this, but it was a wonderful reminder. In my busyness I've not taken time to find the book and read it. I know it is an easy read but I've just not the time. This morning I found some angels had conveniently placed this quotation on Inspiration Peak, our homepage for the internet. Bless the angels.


"Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters
of Life’s longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
and though they are with you,
and yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love, but not your thoughts.
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
for their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them,
but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward, nor tarries with yesterday.”

Kahlil Gibran, 1883-1931

2 comments:

Suzie Q said...

Wendy, this is another one of those moments. Please don't buy the book. Give it a week or so & all will be revealed...

Our Angels have been working hard for us lately!

Much Love xXx

windy angels said...

OMG. I don't believe it.
I actually was NOT intending to buy it, but...
Much love xXx

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts