Wednesday, May 30, 2007

For CaC : getting to know you day:
The Infamous Proust Questionnaire:


* Your most marked characteristic?
sensitive
* The quality you most like in a man?
sensitivity
* The quality you most like in a woman?
angels wings
* What do you most value in your friends?
sensitivity
* What is your principle defect?
too sensitive
* What is your favorite occupation?
artist
* What is your dream of happiness?
To have many angels dancing all around me (hmmm, I’ve captured for a brief moment)
* What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
I don’t want to go there – I can’t find any humor in it whatsoever
* What would you like to be?
More humorous
* In what country would you like to live?
Canada
* What is your favorite color?
blue
* What is your favorite flower?
delphinium
* What is your favorite bird?
I love birds – doves, bluebirds, robins, wrens, chickadees
* Who are your favorite prose writers?
Luanne Rice, Sue Monk Kidd, Michael Ondaatje, Bryce Courtenay
* Who are your favorite poets?

Hope is the thing with feathers,

That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without words,
And never stops at all.
Emily Dickinson

I thank God for most this
amazing
day; for the leaping greenly
spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;
and for everything
which is natural, which is
infinite, which is yes.
e. e. cummings

* Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
My mind’s drawing a blank
* Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
Blank again
* Who are your favorite composers?
Pachelbel
* Who are your favorite painters?
Ummm – not really into the history piece - who was it that painted the ballerinas? (I never actually studied art.) Maybe I can say two from the very present - Misty Mawn and Susan Tuttle. (both recently refound in Somerset Studio)
* Who are your heroes in real life?
all the angels, Suze, Mary Ann, Fran, Nance, Jude, Stephen, Stacey, Darcy, and Debra (to name only a few)
* Who are your favorite heroines of history?

ummm
* What are your favorite names?
Jacqueline, Francesca, Jennifer, Katherine, Genevieve
* What is it you most dislike?
Hatred, prejudice
* What historical figures do you most despise?
Hitler and all his buddies
* What event in military history do you most admire?
Ummmmm
* What reform do you most admire?
abolishment of slavery
* What natural gift would you most like to possess?
To find, even if tiny, a touch of laughter in the face of (any) adversity, be it large or small
* How would you like to die?
With good mental faculties & with my daughter and husband holding my hands
* What is your present state of mind?
frustrated - best not to ask why
* To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
Procrastination - she grins - trying to look at it usually as play time. If I’m going to do it - procrastinate - I might as well enjoy it.


Here are a couple of examples of yesterday's procrastination, photopaint on fractals























* What is your motto?

Not certain this would be called a motto, but it’s what I try to live by:
"To laugh is to risk appearing the fool. To weep is to risk being called sentimental. To reach out to another is to risk involvement. To expose feelings is to risk showing your true self. To place your ideas and your dreams before them is to risk being called naive. To love is to risk not being loved in return. To live is to risk dying. To hope is to risk despair, and to try is to risk failure. But risks must be taken, because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing and becomes nothing. He [or she] may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live. Chained by his certitudes, he is a slave, he's forfeited his freedom. Only the person who risks is truly free."
Dr. Leo Buscaglia

6 comments:

nyjlm said...

nice answers.
I like the fractals, and I love the butterfly image below

artsyfran said...

OH my! I am so honored to be one of your heroes. You're so heroic yourself. All you do for yourself and for Cat. And for the rest of us. My dear friend. Thank you! xoxo, Fran

suzie q said...

Wow! What a post, and what beautiful creations you are making whilst procrastinating! ;) Thank you for being one of my guardian angels - the feeling is mutual, beautiful one...
I love these answers, including the 'umm's! ;) Beautiful poetry...

Much Love to you, dear Angel, and here's to a wonderful weekend. I LOVE your Pelican Bay sunsets on Flickr - superb! :)

Warm Hugs,
Suze xXx

Janet said...

I enjoyed your answers, and especially took note of your favorite flower because I just planted some delphiniums in my back yard. They are beautiful and now I'll think of you each time I see them.

Debra said...

Hi Wendy, some questions hey!!!
Ahh I was so touched to see my name there, thought it was someone else perhaps so I clicked on it and it was ME!! Thankyou SO much, you're wonderful.
Interesting answers too, good answers in fact, better than I'd do... I was a bit stuck on a few and then you answered them beautifully, ha!
Well it's freezing tonight here in NZ so I will go to bed soon with my many layers of eiderdowns and quilts and blankets.. take good care and happy creating x
love Debra

BlueJude said...

How interesting....thanks for sharing! Hope you are having a great blessed week!

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts