Thursday, May 24, 2007

Longing for the sun to shine: for more than a few minutes anyway. I'm needing to catch up with all my wonderful friends on the web. I've been very negligent the past few day, weeks. I also need to be doing the laundry.
Today I've discovered the website of a fabulous
artist/writer, thanks to a comment one of the yahoo groups. I guess what first caught my attention is that Nick Bantock lives on Salt Spring Island in British Columbia. This will be a new dream - to one day visit his gallery there. I've been reasonably close. To do one of his workshops would be, well, like a nearly impossible dream.
Some simple artwork from recent past, on top left, done at farm, (perspective's just a bit off ; )) and a number from more distant past, about 10 years ago.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy, nice to hear what you're up to, ha!
Such sweet drawings! Lots of love
Debra in New Zealand x

suzie q said...

Oh, Wendy! Thank you so much for sharing these drawings with us! That's my cottage - with the bluebirds, and a cat all snuggled up outside!! :) Beautiful...
You are so multi-talented, Wendy, and I very much hope that you get to go to one of the workshops...one day! :)
Yay you!! :)

Angels'...

Much Love, Suze xXx

windy angels said...

thanks you two, such dear friends I have. I'd already forgotten about those workshops Suze. Oh, i started another drawing last weekend but scared to finish the hair of this person. Well, sometime I'll look at it again.
Angels of gentleness for today,
Wendy XO

artsyfran said...

Taking a workshop is never an impossibility and it is always something you can make happen. :) Hugs and angels for you! Fran xoxo

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts