Saturday, August 11, 2007

What's been happening?
Some days it feels like there are so many things I should be doing and so many things I said I would do and haven't done. I start feeling like I haven't accomplished much of anything but if I start to look around I can find a number of started projects, like the first two pictures. One is of tags I need to finish up. They were done while we've been traveling - to the farm or back or to Regina from the farm and back.
The next is of a board book which I've glued paper to forming a paper quilt background. I've been spending time choosing papers and tearing them with a ruler. I'll tell you more once I've gotten further in the project. Here are some more papers I just purchased for the same purpose. The next two pictures make one think "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas." I really want to get my etsy shop under way soon. I think I said that in March and a number of times before that. I'm getting much closer now but we'll see what happens. I've got really lots of fabric and lots of plans. I've been finding fibers to use with the projects. I've also been doing more purchases to round out the available supplies and make the projects more doable.
Part of what has set me back with creativity is lack of help for our daughter "Cat". We are supposed to have people to help but for a number of reasons it hasn't worked out this year. I've also been disappointed three times this summer when I thought I had opportunities to sell some of my art locally but nothing transpired. One project is not certainly off but I'm feeling quite doubtful. I do have some other ideas in mind but I have to actually create much more before I can get excited. I tend to think I can have things ready tomorrow, not allowing myself enough time. Then I panic. I'm thinking now perhaps it's better to procrastinate a bit and not get so anxious. On Thursday I actually mailed my letters of resignation for the board of directors I was on. That will allow me more time and energy. It was a huge first step.
Back to the creating. I think I have a few moments.

2 comments:

suzie q said...

Yay you!!! :)
Good for you for giving yourself a break. And how prepared are you for Christmas?! Amazing :) I can't even think beyond the next 5 minutes here! ;)
It all looks great, Wendy. I am busy procrastinating myself, ignoring all the sorting out to be done before the move. I'm enjoying some online window shopping instead, being shocked by the prices of new sewing machines!! lol :)
Hope you're finding time to relax with the Angels..
Much Love,
Suze xXx

Melba said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that quilt board book!

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts