Friday, September 14, 2007

Back to the blues: It has absolutely nothing to do with my mood. I'm feeling more like a rainbow these days. It has everything to do with the fact that blue was my first most favourite colour. When encountered with the proposition of doing my next creation for the journal quilt group to which I belong, I chose this blue fabric. The page to go with it explains more about it.

peace garden journal quilt

peace garden words

When I started looking for more tea cups and pots for all the tea swaps Mary Ann organizes, I came across more blue.

please join me for a spot of tea


And for this week's Friday finds I couldn't help myself but buy this beautiful trunk which I found three houses away at their garage sale for only 50 cents.

just imagine


I love the inside of it and when I sent Greg to pick it up I mentioned all the nails in the greatest hope that the wooden containers came with the nails. YES! They did.

little crates of nails


My dream will be to empty out the nails right quickly and clean those containers, then decorate with ribbons and tins and odds and ends to look remotely like this idea I found in the book
Designing with Fabric which I was fortunate to receive from Mary Ann also.














We're off to the farm again for a couple of days.
Angels be with you.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Wow, a new colour on your blog .Its going to be autumn! Love your blue pages!
Take care Barbara

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts