Thursday, March 26, 2009

What is BEAUTIFUL?

Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.
Ashley Smith Robinson
American Author and Speaker


from Inspiration Peak


I have observed art journal pages by other artists done on a black background. I have admired. But I have this interesting habit of pouring out too much paint. In this case it was black gesso. I had primed a few pages and then in my typical haste got a bit carried away. Two pages were quite overladen with black. I had chosen torn out magazine pages to put between to "protect" the pages from each other and perhaps do a tiny bit of transferring. Fun! I then took it upon myself to apply pressure as well. The next day, when I finally got back to the pages the two which had been especially laden with gesso were, of course stuck. This was my special journal. I do mixed media. So I ripped and tore - came up with an interesting composition of black and white for a background. Then looking for that to glue on top - the word "beautiful". How perfect - especially combined with the word "home".


The above is a work in progress. I have to wait an hour and half tomorrow while Greg has dental surgery. The next day I have to wait an hour while my daughter has an appointment with the therapist. What better time could there be for writing in my journal, especially on prepared lovely pages with images already attached.

Until next time ~
Angels be with you

2 comments:

Vina Puspita said...

"Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams."

I totally agree with Ashley Smith Robinson's quote...
I like to smell the rain, the green, feel the wind too, that would give me a calm & relaxed feeling :D

winnsangels said...

And perhaps these words remind me of the well known lyrics of Louis Armstrong:
"I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
They're really saying I love you.

I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll never know
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world."

Wishing for you this day the opportunity to see "what a wonderful world" we live in.

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts