Friday, May 1, 2009

In case you didn't know ~

I absolutely love doing texturing and layering and backgrounds. I suppose that is somewhat, maybe quite, typical for mixed media artists. The following image is just a smidgen of a taste of my book of gigantic proportions. I am nearing completion of that lovely creation and am planning a video to present with the entire book. If you have any possibility of seeing the book in person I encourage you to do so. Some lucky folks got to see the work in progress when I did a presentation to a smallish group of people at our local library last week.



If you would like to learn more about altering books and making books and making wonderful textured backgrounds you may want to join Dale Anne Potter and myself on a nature and art filled CRAFT cruise to Alaska, taking place next June, 2010. I personally love the ocean and all it's critters. Bald eagles will also be, apparently, in migration. Looks to me like a guaranteed fun time. More details to follow in the next few weeks.

A couple of pictures displaying book covers I have done. I would plan to use similar techniques for the cover of a board book we'll be doing while cruising the deeps.




Angels and art filled days be with you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Wendy,
What a fabulous opportunity. Your work is gorgeous and I just know that everyone will love what you have to share.

Congratulations.

Blessings,

Karen

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts