Friday, September 18, 2009

Do you remember?

So often I forget to take time to play. And then I wonder why I get so many headaches and why my jaws hurt and my shoulders reach the clouds. Ahhh, if only I could just remember that simple solution to take time to play.

At times I wonder if it is really acceptable for someone that is more than half a century old to be skipping through the house whilst going from place to place. Then I recognize how wonderful I feel when I am doing the cavorting. I look for an excuse to move again in that very playful fashion.

And so I decided I could put it down in writing ~ that reminder to take time to play. What better place than my "to do" altered book.

remember to play

With the written reminder, I had focus. It took me a while to get to it, but finally more time to play ~ with paint and fabric.

These are all fat quarter size - about 18 inches by 22 inches in case you are not a quilter. Each of these is on flannelet - just happened to be the fabric I had along to the farm when I originally dyed light green colour. Should mention that I used a "plate" for each of these pieces. The first is my fave, I think, anyway at this moment.

abstract flower on fabric

I am uncertain about the next one. I do love the effects in particular places. I will be working with it much more.

leaves

Abstract flower with fuschia addition:

flowers in abstract

And this is another of my faves. It was the first one I did with the plate.

abstract flowers with fuschia

So I will leave you the reminder ~ do not forget to take time to play.

No comments:

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts