Wednesday, April 18, 2012

trying to remember

to be mindful

my two frequent companions remind me of that and allow it to happen.
Missy Hope has been asking, nearly begging, for more attention in recent weeks. She bats at me and at times practically climbs up my leg when I am standing still. Thankfully her claws are kept in. She is only trying to tell me she needs loving. When I sit at my computer in the den she is often sitting down beside me and sticks up  a paw as well. After I bring her to my lap she often does not stay long but prefers to go back to her spot beneath my chair.

Sometimes the outdoors beckon. I sit on the deck chair, newly cleaned of snow, and try to do art. Creating can be somewhat cumbersome wrapped in a blanket and having to wear a warm jacket to prevent shivering. I took my breakfast out one morning. Even though we had some lovely warm afternoons the nights and mornings are still chilly. I did not keep my food tray outside for very long. Those days will return, soon enough. 
Mindful ~ warmth within, birds singing, a chill touch, but not freezing on my skin. Some days sunlight. Some days darkest clouds ~ ready to spill ~ bringing a tickle to my spirit ~ the excitement. Some days thunder ~ crackling closely. My heart tries to calm ~ for the pooch. I am near. You are safe ~ as safe as I can have you be, regretful for the remedy forgotten.


kitty
purring in my ear
please stay close
your loving brings me calm

kitty
batting at my leg
thank you for the interruption
my shoulders need a break

kitty
curled up on the chair
thank you for the reminder
to pause and let me "be"


Inspiration still seems to elude me. Journal pages occur, but seem almost a struggle to create. I believe I have finally felt some creative stirrings within. I have begun applying gesso to pages of an old ledger book I purchased a couple of years ago. Hoping to share more art soon.


*** please remember to click on any of the pictures to enlarge ***


Angels be with you dear friends.

No comments:

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts