Tuesday, July 17, 2012

a tiny bit of art

from my retreat at Manitou Beach.

I was totally inspired here and here before leaving on my art retreat and thought how much fun it would be to start a similiar project while retreating from the world. in preparation, I chose to sort through most of  my paper stash. a wonderful start to organizing that a little bit. I did not have washi tape in bright colours, but did find some pink polka dot duck tape in Saskatoon. it also made a good excuse to order more of a supply. though I knew it would not arrive in time for my get away, I truly thought it would be good to get some mail love after my return. 


one of my fave songs which made me pause, and nearly always brought tears to my eyes as it played on my ipod.
this favourite usually seemed to make me feel comforted.
and this kept me entertained additionally, as I preferred to stay away from the television as much as possible.

"If you can attain repose and calm, believe that you have seized happiness."
    Julie-Jeanne-Eleonore de Lespinasse

No comments:

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts