Monday, October 8, 2012

autumn ramblings 6

a time when ~

first one
another
many more blue birds playing
with me, with each other
as i departed on that day to visit my Mom.

thinking first it was my Dad, perhaps
then two angels
certainly many angels.
i found her then, to first remind me so much of Dad as she woke
then took a moment, moments more
to orientate self.

never quite certain if she recognizes
me.
certainly not caring, i,
if she does.
only grateful once again for the time
with her, whom i love dearly.
reminded once again of the extra time with her
the near losing her that many months ago, six now.

realizing later, how she seemed more alert this recent visit.
wanting also to pour her own milk from carton into glass.
doing it splendidly
knowing when i ask her if wants to try
that the juice will have to be poured
quickly.
doing that splendidly also, more able probably than i with my essential tremor.
she has it too,
hereditary,
but her movements guided by some extra unseen helping hand, also perhaps
determination.



“The only way to find the limits of the possible is by going beyond them
to the impossible. “
                                                                                             Arthur C. Clarke

No comments:

Read the Printed Word!
Wendy's bookshelf: read

Exhibition 36: A Gallery Of Mixed-Media InspirationOne Week In DecemberWhat Matters MostCloud NineSafe HarbourFollow the Stars Home

More of Wendy's books »
Wendy Burton's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

my flickriver

Windy Angels - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Blog Archive

Labels

succulent living with SARK

My "wonders of winterland"blog:

Popular Posts